[Slackbuilds-users] Building Py3Qt

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Apr 22 00:29:17 UTC 2014

   I have both python-2.7.5 and python3-3.3.3 installed on the -14.1 hosts. I
also have PyQt-4.9.6 installed and built against python-2.7.5. I just tried
the SlackBuild script for Py3Qt and it failed looking for sipconfig.py.

   There is a sipconfig.py in python-2.7/site-packages/. If I build and
install sip using python3, does it install in python-3.3/site-packages and
not have a name conflict with the python2 files?

   Also, it's not clear to me from the Py3Qt.SlackBuild that Py3Qt does not
overwrite or conflict with PyQt since the PKGNAM=PyQt.

TIA,

Rich