[Slackbuilds-users] qemu & vnc

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 02:55:04 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 11:45 AM, Thomas Morper <thomas at beingboiled.info>wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> The README for the recently updated qemu says to use the ENABLE_VNC
> variable for optional vnc support. In the SlackBuild, however, this
> variable is called VNC_ENABLE.
>
> On a side note: what's the reason for making VNC support optional?

Just responded to vnc option choice off list....

1.  Not  everyone wants or needs or uses vnc
2.  To use vnc you'll need to set up a bunch of stuff for remote access

I don't use vnc...my qemu VMs are just plain clean build environments  I
don't need vnc to view the VM  on my host's monitor.  If the consensus is
that it should be enable by default, let me know.

-Ed

--
You! What PLANET is this!
    -- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0