[Slackbuilds-users] pandas 0.14.0

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 17:06:32 UTC 2014

On 8/16/14, Jim Diamond <Jim.Diamond at acadiau.ca> wrote:
> 2014-08-16 10:46:33 (1.60 MB/s) - v0.14.1.tar.gz saved [2627891]
>
> Unable to download/verify source file(s) for pandas:
>   md5sum failure for /usr/sbo/distfiles/v0.14.1.tar.gz.

Went to google, searched for "pandas-0.14.1.tar.gz", first hit is a fedora
repo that has the file:

https://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/repo/pkgs/python-pandas/pandas-0.14.1.tar.gz/393dd8f35411e4022177aa64b2da46f4/pandas-0.14.1.tar.gz

If you search for the md5sum (from the pandas.info file) instead, that's
still the first hit, which is a useful thing to know if a source download
goes missing...

Downloaded pandas-0.14.1.tar.gz from above link, md5sum matches. The
SlackBuild looks smart enough to handle the file with that name, but I
don't know how to coerce sbopkg to accept it (just run the build manually,
would be the easiest thing to do). I haven't tried it as I don't feel like
installing all the deps.

If you download the file from the original URL (the one with the bad
md5sum) and the one from the fedora repo and compare their contents,
they are very different. It looks like the author decided to restructure the
release tarball, move stuff around within it, get rid of some extraneous
files that end in ~ (probably backups made by an editor). I hate when
upstream does that without bumping their version number, but *shrug*,
what you gonna do?