[Slackbuilds-users] Error while installing package culmus

George Vlahavas vlahavas at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 22:59:27 UTC 2014

On Mon, 1 Dec 2014, B Watson wrote:

> On 12/1/14, George Vlahavas <vlahavas at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Actually, no. This is wrong and it will also fail to work with installpkg
>> if it is used with the --root option. It needs to be changed to:
>>
>> ( cd etc/fonts/conf.d ; ln -sf ../conf.avail/61-culmus.conf 61-culmus.conf
>> )
>
> Good catch. I didn't even notice the leading slash in front of etc.
>
> Actually the whole doinst.sh is like that, it runs /usr/bin/mkfontdir
> instead of usr/bin/mkfontdir, etc etc.

I didn't see the doinst.sh at all, I only read the email.

Moreover, if the symlink is only created in the doinst.sh, then it's also
wrong. Symlinks should better be created in the SlackBuild itself and they
will then be picked up automatically by makepkg. This way, when you
removepkg the package, the symlink will be removed as well. As it is now
(at least how I think it is), the symlink will not be removed and will be
left dangling.

Unless there is another reason to keep it like that which I'm not aware of
of course.