[Slackbuilds-users] Call for testing: BLAS/LAPACK

Kyle Guinn elyk03 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 07:22:08 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I have updated the blas and lapack Slackbuilds to version 3.5.0 in my
user/elyk/lapack branch.  I know these are dependencies of several
other packages and I would appreciate any feedback if you maintain any
packages that don't actually work with it.  I've built octave and it
seems to be OK.

http://slackbuilds.org/cgit/slackbuilds/log/?h=user/elyk/lapack

Two important changes:

1.  Upstream has added cmake as a build system.  This makes it easier
to build a shared library, and I'd like confirmation that this library
still works for everyone.  Note that they set the SONAME to
lib(blas|lapack).so, not lib(blas|lapack).so.3 as we manually did in
the script previously.

2.  lapack should auto-detect between blas and atlas, preferring atlas
if it's installed.  I believe this removes the need for a separate
lapack-atlas Slackbuild, but I'll leave that for Serban to decide.  It
does not detect OpenBLAS; that package provides its own LAPACK
implementation.

Thanks in advance!
-Kyle