[Slackbuilds-users] Error while installing package fontforge (20141014)

Jim Diamond Jim.Diamond at acadiau.ca
Tue Dec 9 12:35:27 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec  9, 2014 at 11:43 (+1000), Christoph Willing wrote:

> On 12/09/2014 10:52 AM, John Vogel wrote:
>>On Tue, 09 Dec 2014 08:20:40 +1000
>>Christoph Willing <chris.willing at iinet.net.au> wrote:

>>> From OP's original email:
>>>	My OS: Slackware64 14.1 (multilib-installation).

>>Thanks for setting me straight. Apologies all around for wasting everyones
>>time.

> Well, I just successfully built with latest fontforge.SlackBuild on a
> 14.1-multilib partition that I have for testing. Thats not particularly
> helpful in diagnosing/fixing the OP's problem apart from pointing to some
> deeper problem - something beyond being on a multilib system.

FWIW, I am able to build it in a 64-bit only version of 14.1, but on a
multilib system it crashes and burns with the same issue as in the
original posting.

Does your multilib system have a lot of SBo packages?  Perhaps there
is some interaction between some package(s) that the OP and I have
installed.  If anyone is keen to do some binary search looking to see
when fontforge stops compiling, I'd be happy to supply the list of
packages I have on my system.  (But I can't do that myself any time in
the near future.)

Cheers.
                                Jim