[Slackbuilds-users] Error while installing package fontforge (20141014)

Timothy Pollard timp at timp.com.au
Wed Dec 10 22:29:46 UTC 2014

On Tue, 9 Dec 2014 23:17:18 -0600
Kyle Guinn <elyk03 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just a hunch, maybe it's conflicting with an older version of fontforge?
>
> -Kyle

I think Kyle is correct on this front.

I originally had this problem (on 14.1 Multilib, while building with sbopkg),
so I tried a couple of experiments Today:

Building the older version (20120731) by running the SlackBuild directly
  -- Successful
Building the latest (20141014) with sbopkg after removing the 20120731 package
  -- Successful
Building 20141014 with sbopkg after reinstalling the 20120731 package
  -- Failed
Building 20141014 with sbopkg after re-upgrading to the 20141014 package
  -- Successful

Seems to be the older version not playing nice with the build process; possibly
only specific older version/s, and possibly only on Multilib Slackware.

--
TimP
[http://hub.timp.com.au]