[Slackbuilds-users] Using BitTorrent to download SlackBuilds and Source Code

Genghis Khan genghiskhan at gmx.ca
Thu Dec 11 13:32:31 UTC 2014

Hallo,

What do you think of a new pilot mechanism that would download and
upload SlackBuilds and Source Code archives using software like aria2
or rTorrent?

Torrent files of SlackBuild should not include Source Code and
vice-versa, for these reasons:

1. So peer users of other distros (e.g. Archlinux, Gentoo and Salix)
   would also be usable for SBo users.

2. So SBo peer users that did not made an update of an SBo package,
   which has an update in its SlackBuild only, would not be not
   connected with users who would install (not update) that package
   after an update.  If some would still like to have one Torrent
   file, then I suggest to make such Torrent file to contain two
   torrent files (a Torrent file of an SlackBuild, and another of a
   Source Code).

Note: I do not know whether aria2 is able to upload files.