[Slackbuilds-users] matplotlib does not build on 1 of 3 systems

Jim Diamond Jim.Diamond at acadiau.ca
Sun Dec 14 01:45:15 UTC 2014

On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 13:56 (-0800), Larry Hajali wrote:

> Looks like your PyQt package is not compatible with the installed sip
> package.  I get similar errors on calibre 1.x versions because I upgraded
> sip to a newer version for building PyQt5.  You might want to reinstall
> PyQt and sip on the system that is giving you problems.

Larry,

Thanks for that.  I have to admit I was skeptical of your advice,
since I was just using the distributed PyQt and sip packages.  (I
haven't needed to upgrade, downgrade or overgrade either of those
things.)  However, it turned out that it was the sip package; when I
reinstalled that, things got better.

Now I wish I had saved the old files before reinstalling to see which
one was mysteriously changed along the way, and when.

Cheers.

                                Jim