[Slackbuilds-users] qemu annotations

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Tue Dec 16 22:35:52 UTC 2014

On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 00:16:07 +0100 (CET)
Thomas Morper <thomas at beingboiled.info> wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Nov 2014, Antonio Hernández Blas wrote:
>
> > would it be possible to have an static version of libusb for qemu?
>
> See here: https://beingboiled.info/slackware/14.1/build/twm/qemu/
>
> Simply place the libusb 1.0.19 archive next to the other files and
> the modified SlackBuild will build qemu including a static libusb so
> you'll get USB passthrough.
>
> The libusb addition to the build script is neither very sophisticated
> nor very well tested, so use it carefully. Also be aware of the
> different defaults for TARGETS, AUDIODRIVERS and VERSION :-)

If I can find some time to do so, I'd like to do this with the
stock qemu build here, as the libusb update isn't going to go
into 14.1's /patches, and as it stands, the lack of updated
libusb (and the consequent lack of usb passthrough support in
qemu) is a big drawback.

-RW