[Slackbuilds-users] opencv and stevedore missing dependency

titopoquito titopoquito at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 19:44:45 UTC 2014

On 06.02.2014 12:03, David Spencer wrote:
>> today I compiled opencv from the 14.1 repository and the build stopped,
>> complaining about missing "orc" files. So I guess that "orc" should be
>> listed as opencv dependency.
>
> opencv-2.4.7 with no optional deps builds ok here without orc.  Is it
> maybe a weird side effect of building opencv with ffmpeg?  Does the
> problem go away with opencv-2.4.8?

You are right of course, many thanks for the hint. Yes, I was fooled by
the way the dependencies are listed - sqg and sbopkg thought ffmpeg was
needed. Guess I have to be careful when %README% is listed as
dependency, lesson learned.
Oh, and thanks to Matteo for the 2.4.8 patch! It's missing the change
from tar.gz to zip, but besides that the newer version compiled without
any problem with it applied.