[Slackbuilds-users] Install SlackBuild Package Where I Want To

Klaatu klaatu at straightedgelinux.com
Fri Feb 21 20:07:13 UTC 2014

I don't know how to use NetCDF so I cannot test it thoroughly, but this
worked for me:

cd /path/to/SlackBuild/netcdf
sed -i 's_/usr_/opt/netcdf/usr_g' netcdf.SlackBuild
su -c './netcdf.SlackBuild'

>From your email, it sounds like maybe you only replaced one instance of
(probably the prefix) /usr with /opt but there are multiple places where
things are being defined and where the absolute path /usr is being used
(like when man pages are copied in, etc). So sed is probably the better
choice here.

Hope that helps.

-klaatu