[Slackbuilds-users] Problem with two GO language packages

mancha mancha1 at hush.com
Mon Feb 24 19:12:37 UTC 2014

Hi.

After a minute or two of head-scratching I was able to
figure it out...they're gzipped twice!

======
$ zcat go.net-98.tar.gz > go.net-98.puzzle
$ file go.net-98.puzzle
go.net-98.puzzle: gzip compressed data, was...
======

When you use "tar xzf" it decompresses the outer gzip
but then tar complains when it finds a gzip (inner gzip)
instead of a tar archive.

I'm cc'ing vbatts (who created & hosts these archives).

Thanks for this Monday puzzler.

--mancha