[Slackbuilds-users] Tool for managing SBo packages

Antonio Hernández Blas hba.nihilismus at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 04:24:43 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 6:35 AM, Aaditya Bagga <aaditya_gnulinux at zoho.com>wrote:

> When I had to search for a package in the SlackBuilds, I went to
> slackbuilds.org and searched for it; however I have a local (git) copy of
> slackbuilds which I wanted to search, but didnt like using the file manager
> to look into each folder..

sbo_tools [1] has sbo_find and sbo_wwws which can help you to search for an
"slackbuild", sbo_find in a local repository and sbo_wwws in
http://slackbuilds.org/result/

> So yesterday I started writing a script to search my repository for a
> specified package, and then added some more options like viewing the info
> file of the package, viewing the readme, the slackbuild, etc..
>
> Then today I added more options like downloading the package, build it,
> install/upgrade/remove, and querying installed packages.
> (More info about its features/usage in the readme.)

It's good to see someone doing something like this, since this means that
someone installed Slackware and take his/her time to *improve* the
situation for the installation of packages. There's others projects that
you can check and see if they can fit your needs or maybe you can bring
some new ideas [2].

- Cheers

[1] https://github.com/nihilismus/sbo_tools
[2] https://github.com/nihilismus/sbo_tools#related-projects

--
Antonio Hernández Blas | Oaxaca, México, Mx.
https://github.com/nihilismus | https://bitbucket.org/nihilismus |