[Slackbuilds-users] Tex Live 2014 - Update / Part 2

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Thu Jul 3 02:38:33 UTC 2014

On Tue, 1 Jul 2014 20:22:47 -0400
B Watson <yalhcru at gmail.com> wrote:

> A bit more on-topic here: if texlive is being split into a core
> package that will be on the next DVD release, plus extra bits that
> come from SBo if needed, it would be worthwhile to go through the SBo
> builds that depend on tex and make sure the stuff most of them need
> will be in the core package (if feasible, I know space on the DVD is
> a concern).
>
> If I can find some time in the next few days, I'll see if I can
> semi-automate this testing: run each build once with all of Robby's
> texlive stuff installed, and once with only the core package, see
> which ones fail, and see whether the generated docs are identical in
> both runs... but there's no point doing this until the final decision
> is made on what goes on the DVD and what doesn't... and it'd be nice
> to have a list of all the SBo packages that use tex as part of the
> build process (not easy to auto-generate this list but if you're
> reading this and you know your build uses it, reply to this & let us
> know).
>
> Unless of course someone's way ahead of me and has already started
> doing this...

Given the size of what I've come up with coupled with my testing
here on *lots* of the Slackware tree, I think it's relatively safe
to assume that everything will be fine.  We can handle any outliers
are we become aware of them - that's just too much time and effort
to justify anybody bothering with it IMHO.

-RW