[Slackbuilds-users] TeX Live 2014 #3 (third time's the charm?)

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Wed Jul 9 05:04:06 UTC 2014

On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 10:37:53 -0700
Ivan Zaigralin <melikamp at melikamp.com> wrote:

> > Hrm... reproduced here.  Did this work in the first iteration I
> > posted here (when everything was bundled all together in one big
> > package)?
>
> Bah, I didn't get a chance to test it. Is there still a Slackbuild
> for the bundle?
>
> > If so, maybe I misunderstand what the purpose of the :src stuff
> > is in the texmf tarball.  See what happens if you put the contents
> > of the texlive-texmf-src-20140525.tar.xz located at:
> >   http://harrier.slackbuilds.org/texlive-2014/
> > into your /usr/share/ directory (perhaps package it up first for
> > easier removal later), re-run the stuff in texlive's doinst.sh,
> > and see if it works then.  If so, that's easy enough to fix up.
>
> No effect :(

Okay, maybe someone can tell me what's wrong - i.e. why this has
to be done in order for things to work.  I *thought* the doinst.sh
stuff would handle this...

If I do this as root:
  updmap-sys --enable Map mdbch.map

then that pdflatex run on your tex file works fine (it still spits
out the warning about the amsfonts used in conjunction with some
other font, but that's harmless, based on what I gather from the
web).

What am I missing here?

-RW