[Slackbuilds-users] Needing requirements built with options

Doogster thedoogster at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 21:08:28 UTC 2014

I'm about to submit a new version of gnome-inform7, and I've run into a
problem. It requires gst1-plugins-bad, and it needs gst1-plugins-bad to
have been built with libmodplug support. The problem is that
gst1-plugins-bad lists libmodplug as an optional dependency, not as a hard
one. How should I handle that,

The best solution I can think of is to specify gst1-plugins-bad in the info
file as a hard requirement, then mention in the README that
gst1-plugins-bad needs to have been built against libmodplug. Is there a
better way?