[Slackbuilds-users] Tex Live 2014 - Update / Part 2

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Fri Jun 27 21:23:17 UTC 2014

On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 10:04:12 -0700
Benjamin Trigona-Harany <slackbuilds at jaxartes.net> wrote:

> On June 18, 2014 18:46:49 Robby Workman wrote:
> > Okay, I've made some changes to my texmf generation script and in
> > the process scaled back the install texmf quite a bit.  The goal
> > was to get something smaller (yeah, I'm hoping for eventual
> > inclusion in Slackware) without removing essential functionality,
> > but as before, I can't know that without some extensive testing
> > from you.
>
> This new version removes the following bits and pieces that I used:
> bidi, footmisc, parallel and csquotes. Not sure if any of these would
> be considered essential.

It seems that csquotes is popular, and some of these others look like
they'd be generally useful.  However, they'll of course require lots
more size added unless I add single font packages, and that seems a
bit too "pick and choose" for my tastes.

If any of these (or the others mentioned by other people) are in the
Slackware tetex package, then I think that's grounds for addition.
Otherwise, would it be acceptable to you if the missing bits are
easily available in a separate build on SBo?

On a related note, what's the general preference on that?
A single large package containing everything else, or multiple
packages that provide more specific subsets of functionality?

-RW