[Slackbuilds-users] Tex Live 2014 - Update / Part 2

Eugen Wissner belka.ew at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 14:15:26 UTC 2014

Hey,

I agree with Ivan Zaigralin: single package was very easy to use. Otherwise
it's more easy to download the DVD and install it - it's very quick and
simple. Multiple packages or excluding some stuff is problematic, because
you have to waste your time if something doesn't work and you have too
search for needed packages or why this thing doesn't work. Therefore I'm
for minimal possible number of packages and for complete TeXLive
distribution.

On the one hand it is nice to have TeXLive in the stock Slackware. On the
other hand, I don't know why tetex can't be just removed and the freed
space could be used for another useful packages; TeXLive can be anytime
downloaded and installed from SBo. I had a friend, who said: Don't use
LaTeX shipped with your Linux Distribution (he's Gentoo user), because it's
always cut off and causes problems. I haven't any troubles with TeXLive
available from SBo in the past.

Eugene