[Slackbuilds-users] libs in /usr/local/lib

Nick Warne nick at linicks.net
Sun Mar 9 13:51:59 UTC 2014

On 09/03/14 13:39, Nick Warne wrote:
> On 09/03/14 13:35, Didier Spaier wrote:

>>> I looked at that - forgot to say too that this was a Slamd64 distro before Pat made the official 64bit build, so I do have a /usr/lib64 (for years).
>>>
>>> All those $VARS do in the build is where to install the package libs (if you use it).
>>>
>>> And it doesn't matter where the libs are installed to - the 'system' knows they are there ref. ldconfig and a manual ./configure works...
>>
>> Then, would you mind posting your full (with all options) manual configure command that works?
>
> Yes, sure:
>
> ./configure
>
> :)
>
> This is nothing to do with the slackbuild of dsniff!  I just used that
> as an example (as this is when I found this issue).
>
> I just do not know why the slackbuild ./configure doesn't see libnet
> libs in /usr/local/lib yet the system does!
>
> Nick

OK, I was thinking, I use 'sudo' and wondered if it was an ENV thing
going on:

sudo ./dsniff.Slackbuild
checking for Berkeley DB with 1.85 compatibility... yes
checking for libpcap... yes
checking for libnet... no
configure: error: libnet not found

Now log in as 'real' root:

./dsniff.Slackbuild
checking for Berkeley DB with 1.85 compatibility... yes
checking for libpcap... yes
checking for libnet... no
configure: error: libnet not found

Now as normal user (me) in dsniff directory:

./configure
checking for Berkeley DB with 1.85 compatibility... yes
checking for libpcap... yes
checking for libnet... yes
checking for libnids... yes
checking whether libnids version is good... yes
checking for OpenSSL... yes
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating config.h
config.h is unchanged

Huh!  See what I mean?

Nick
--
"A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation."
FSF Associate Member 5508