[Slackbuilds-users] Texlive-20130530 Build Errors

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Mar 21 12:48:16 UTC 2014

On Fri, 21 Mar 2014, B Watson wrote:

> Wow. It's 1.3GB installed.

   Yeah. I don't know how large the previous version was.

> You said you hit ^C after waiting 44 minutes for installpkg... if you
> have a slow CPU and/or not much RAM, it makes sense it'd take forever to
> install... it might also be the case that it runs too slow to be useful,
> once you get it installed (I don't know much about tex or texlive though).

Linux salmo 3.10.17-smp #1 SMP Wed Oct 23 17:04:08 CDT 2013 i686 AMD
Athlon(tm) II X2 255 Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux  4G RAM.

   It's slower than more modern hardware but not sufficiently slow to take
this long to install.

   I use LaTeX for 95% or more of my writing. It's also used to print checks
and reports from my business accounting software. And, there are other
applicatoins I use that typeset output using LaTeX. So, I need to
successfully install texlive20130530 ASAP.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |      Have knowledge, will travel.
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |