[Slackbuilds-users] Texlive-20130530 Build Errors

Jim Diamond Jim.Diamond at acadiau.ca
Fri Mar 21 18:39:22 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 09:39 (-0700), Rich Shepard wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Mar 2014, Jim Diamond wrote:

>> smartctl --test=long /dev/sda

> Jim,

> I started this and it told me it would run until 09:20, so now it's
> finished.

>> smartctl --test=conveyance /dev/sad

> Now running.

> If I see nothing on the virtual console is that because there are no
> problems detected?

No...

after the tests complete, run the first smartctl command to get the
reports.  One of the bits of info looks like

SMART Self-test log structure revision number 1
Num  Test_Description    Status                  Remaining  LifeTime(hours)  LBA_of_first_error
# 1  Short offline       Completed without error       00%     13205         -
# 2  Extended offline    Completed without error       00%     13178         -

(Yours should be extended offline and conveyance.)

                                Jim