[Slackbuilds-users] New e-mail address

Rob McGee rob0 at slackbuilds.org
Sun Mar 23 13:06:40 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 12:29:36PM +0100, Philip Lacroix wrote:
> since my previous e-mail provider seem to be tagged as spammer
> by the list manager, I subscribed with this new address, which
> hopefully will be accepted.

List manager had nothing to do with it; it must have been my MTA
configuration. If you send me one or two of the bounces you got
(offlist, please), I will look at them and see what happened. I
would only need full headers, not the body of the message.

Ideally, most legitimate email providers should be accepted here.
Exceptions sometimes occur, of course. The most likely cause now
seems to be when a provider has users with spammer-compromised
credentials, and that provider has inadequate means of cleaning
their outbound stream. Then they get listed on DNSBLs as a spam
source (and rightly so, because they are.)
    Rob McGee - /dev/rob0 - rob0 at slackbuilds.org