[Slackbuilds-users] New e-mail address

Rob McGee rob0 at slackbuilds.org
Mon Mar 24 20:03:40 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 09:13:30AM +0100, Philip Lacroix wrote:
> I didn't intend to criticize anyone or anything, but perhaps
> my message sounded a bit like that (I'm not a native speaker),
> and in that case I'm sorry: I appreciate the work you guys
> are doing, and by "list manager" I intended the automatic
> filtering system.

No problem at all. I *want* feedback on our spam controls. For
those who are following along at home, you may have seen changes
after such feedback (I lowered the scoring of the Barracuda
Reputation Blacklist because it was unreasonable for rejection.)

So [this addressed to all], please keep it coming. I want to hear
from anyone who tries to post to these lists and gets rejected.
Perhaps you'll have to use a different address to reach me, though.
(If I had time I would set up a web form for contact. I don't. Work
keeps me very busy lately, and tired the rest of the time. :) )

> I blame for this problem my (former) e-mail provider Bluebottle,
> which is known to enable by default a challenge-response system
> in order to prevent spam. Of course this technically causes spam
> itself, and this is not the first time that I encounter such a
> problem when subscribing or writing to lists.

Absolutely. C/R is spam. No wonder they are listed.

C/R is one of the most cluelessly evil ideas ever. We all know
spammers use fake sender addresses. So why would we spam another
victim with a challenge? Utter garbage.

> Unfortunately I deleted the bounce messages, but I guess this
> is not essential, as this new provider seems to be fine. :)

Yes, thank you.
    Rob McGee - /dev/rob0 - rob0 at slackbuilds.org