[Slackbuilds-users] Building wxPyhon-3.0.0.0

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat May 10 18:41:02 UTC 2014

On Sat, 10 May 2014, Heinz Wiesinger wrote:

> https://github.com/pprkut/SlackBuilds/tree/wxPython/libraries/wxPython
> Beware that lots of stuff doesn't work with wxPython 3 yet.

Heinz,

   Thank you. I modified the SlackBuild script to call python3 as I have
python3-3.4 installed and will use that for this new application I'm
developing. Python-2.7.5 is also installed but I might as well learn python3
for all new applications.

   I also learned that my /tmp partition, at 1.9G, ran out of room while
building wxPython-3. Took me a while to get that cleaned up since every
command wants to write a temporary file there. Whew! I changed $TMP to a
subdirectory in ~/ which has >100G available. Building TeXLive also consumes
disk space like it grows on trees.

Much appreciated,

Rich