[Slackbuilds-users] Building wxPython-3.0.0.0 [FIXED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat May 10 21:28:02 UTC 2014

On Sat, 10 May 2014, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  I upgraded pysetuptools to version 3.4.4 (specifying python3 in the
> SlackBuild script), but still get this error when running the
> wxPython.SlackBuild script:

   I see where I went off the tracks: wxPython-3.0.0.0 is for use with
python-2.7.5 and not for python3-3.4. The latter apparently uses the
wxPython Phoenix project which is under development but does work with
python3 now. Phoenix is still incomplete so I don't know what that means for
new application development.

   Anyway, wxPython-3.0.0.0 successfully built and installed. Thank you,
Heinz.

Rich