[Slackbuilds-users] haskell-platform

Jorge Almeida jjalmeida at gmail.com
Mon May 12 07:33:10 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 2:06 AM, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo
<willysr at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> On Mon 12 May 2014 04:25:00 AM WIB, Jorge Almeida wrote:
>> I installed ghc and hscolour with no problems.
>>
>> haskell-platform fails to compile:
>>

>> Graphics/Rendering/OpenGL/GL/VertexArrays.hs:558:1:

ke: *** [build.stamp] Error 2

> Just tested here on a VM and it built fine using sbopkg
> FYI, i didn't build hscolour and i think it's already mentioned on the
> README

It is mentioned "(other than ghc & hscolour, of course) installed"

> This is intended to be installed on a system that does not already have
> any
> haskell-related components (other than ghc, of course) installed,
> so for best results (and chance of success), you should remove any of
> those
> before you try to build haskell-platform.

Willy, this looks like a quotation, but the slackbuild explicitly says
that hscolour (optional) is to be installed first. Maybe you used an
older slackbuild? Anyway, I tried removing hscolour and compilation
still fails.

Thanks

Jorge Almeida