[Slackbuilds-users] A Problem With SlackBuilds tar.gz Files on Download

Thomas Ronayne ronayne.thomas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 11:47:32 UTC 2014

Hi.

For some time I've had a problem (a minor annoyance actually) when I
download a SlackBuild file: the file is delivered uncompressed although
the file name is still; e.g., /yasm.tar.gz/. That is, it's a tar file.

I asked about this at LinuxQuestions: Firefox unzips tar.gz Files on
Download
<http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/firefox-unzips-tar-gz-files-on-download-4175524782/#post5266618>
and got a couple of replies that look like they may be relevant:
starting at Number 11
<http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/firefox-unzips-tar-gz-files-on-download-4175524782/#post5267934>.

Don't know if it's me, you or Memorex but I'd sure like to know if I've
got something wrong (and what to do about it). This is the case on all
my systems (all Slackware 14.1 stable, fully patched, both 32- and
64-bit and Firefox 31.2.0ESR).

Thanks.