[Slackbuilds-users] qemu annotations

Thomas Morper thomas at beingboiled.info
Sun Nov 16 01:03:50 UTC 2014

Hello there,

I've had a closer look at the qemu SlackBuild and now I'm wondering about
some of the constructs in there.

The checks for libusb, spice and usbredir seem to be completely redundant
because qemu's configure will check for availability of these features and
enable them when possible.

The check for the device tree compiler seems to be even more than
redundant, because this isn't even an optional depedency as the dtc has
been bundled with qemu since at least version 2.0.0.

Most configure options just state the defaults.

The OS_CFLAGS parameter is probably meaningless; it's not used anywhere in
the makefiles.

A propos make... to get a parallel build (e.g. with MAKEFLAGS=-j4) you
have to "make config-all-devices.mak config-all-disas.mak" first,
otherwise "make" will run a single job only which will take quite a while
when building all targets (anybody with a better understanding of "make"
care to explain?).

Maybe the qemu SlackBuild should get a cleanup (and an update to 2.1.2).

Cheers!