[Slackbuilds-users] qemu annotations

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 20:51:24 UTC 2014

On 11/15/2014 07:09 PM, Antonio Hernández Blas wrote:
> Hi Thomas.
>
> Two weeks ago, i sent the next message to the current maintainer, no
> response so far:
>
> Hi Edward, i'm writing you to suggest the dropping of esd from
> qemu.SlackBuild (--audio-drv-list=alsa,oss,sdl,esd)
>
> As a reference:
> * Debian: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=633390
> * Gentoo & Arch: i don't see them using it in their builds.

That's odd, I thought I responded.  I was living off a cell phone (the
horror...) while traveling for work and did see your email.

I'll look into esd; It probably is a dead project at this point.
However, I probably won't pull it out of the script until
Slackware-stable (and associated programs) drops it.  Or replaces it
with a better sound server.

If qemu esd support bothers you, send a note to our BDFL to move esd tp
"pasture."

As for Debian, Gentoo and Arch: I've already put in 65% of my projected
life span and so don't care to track their decisions - especially those
putzes at Debian.

-Ed