[Slackbuilds-users] qemu annotations

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Mon Nov 17 01:07:24 UTC 2014

On 11/17/2014 07:32 AM, B Watson wrote:
> On 11/16/14, King Beowulf <kingbeowulf at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If qemu esd support bothers you, send a note to our BDFL to move esd tp
>> "pasture."
>
> You could make it optional, default enabled. Would make everyone happy
> I suppose. Actually maybe do this:
>
>    --audio-drv-list="${AUDIODRIVERS:-alsa,oss,sdl,esd}" \
>
> People who don't care will get what the script does now, people who do
> care will be able to get what they want, and there will be much rejoicing.

In a similar vein of thought, could we return to the enabling VNC by
default please? This is the "vanilla" case so has some merit for that
fact alone. Those who never use vnc with their VMs are not compelled to.
Those who really think its a "bad thing" or who need to save 10K in
their binary and don't even want it compiled in should be the ones to
vary from the default and be required to specify VNC_ENABLE=no (I believe).

chris