[Slackbuilds-users] Clarification of REQUIRES and dependencies

Ryan P.C. McQuen ryan.q at linux.com
Fri Nov 28 17:39:05 UTC 2014

Here's what I do when I'm installing something with a lot of
dependencies. I ctrl + click each dependency (on SBo), then ctrl +
click each subsequent dependency. When there are no dependencies left,
I start at my right-most browser tab and feed a long string of
packages to sbopkg. So for inkscape, I end up with something like
this:

  sbopkg -i libsigc++ -i glibmm -i cairomm -i pangomm -i atkmm -i
mm-common -i gtkmm -i gsl -i numpy -i BeautifulSoup -i lxml -i
inkscape

Works every time! If dependencies were listed in multiple places for
packages, this process would almost certainly be more frustrating, and
I would end up with a lot of redundancy.

I agree with Willy's interpretation on this.

Best,

Ryan
-
--