[Slackbuilds-users] Fwd: transmission make failure

Larry Hajali larryhaja at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 23:11:52 UTC 2014

The problem is that the file configure.ac is updated but the the configure
script isn't recreated.  The timestamp on the configure.ac file is newer
than the configure script due to the sed statements and that causes the
files to be regenerated.  In order for transmission.SlackBuild to run
properly, then the line 'autoreconf -ivf' needs to be ran before the
configure script is called.  This allows the automake scripts to be
recreated with the installed versions that come with Slackware{,64} 14.1.

You could also call the script "./autogen.sh" from with in the
trasnmission-2.28 directory and that will do something similar to the
'autoreconf -ivf' step mentioned above.  But that will cause the configure
script to be ran twice.

--Larry