[Slackbuilds-users] whaw source tarball download returns 404 error; newer version available.

Phillip Warner pc_warner at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 20:09:36 UTC 2014

Willy,

I still use whaw in Slackware.  I have not checked for new releases the past few months because frankly I did not think there would be any.  whaw has not had a new release in several years.

Regarding the SlackBuild updates, all that is needed for this release is:
  1) version bump to 0.2
  2) --mandir=/user/man switch added to ./configure (0.1.2 did not need this)
  3) updated changelog should be downloaded into SlackBuild directory (source does not include it)
      - changelog is at: http://repetae.net/computer/whaw/Changelog.txt

It sounds like 1) and 2) were done, but I am not sure about 3).

Thanks for bringing all of this to everyone's attention, José.

Warmest Regards,

--phillip