[Slackbuilds-users] Bug report on x2goserver

Emmanuel emmanueln at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 22:50:31 UTC 2014

Hello to all,

I'm trying to use the x2go packages from SBo, and I'm having some troubles.
I did a fresh install of Slackware 14.1 and added the x2goserver package:

1- When I execute x2godbadmin --createdb it complains of missing
perl-DBD-SQLite package, after I install the package from SBo the command
executes without a problem.

2- I don't know if this is a problem with x2go client or a Slackware
package issue, but x2goclient only connects with passwordless SSH. I can
connect to the server with ssh and ask for a password, but with x2goclient
complains with a Access Denied message.

3- x2goclient gives the following error when trying to connect to the
server:
Connection failed Can't locate Capture/Tiny.pm in @INC (you may need to
install the Capture::Tiny module) ......
After installing perl-Capture-Tiny from SBo the error disappears.

4- After installing perl-DBD-SQLite and perl-Capture-Tiny, x2goclient says
"connecting" without given any errors but never connects to the server.

The logs don't show any information regarding x2goserver, changing the
configuration from notice to debug (/etc/x2go/x2goserver.conf) also doesn't
help. Apparently the perl-Unix-Syslog package is also needed by x2goserver
to log information to /var/log/messages and debug. After installing
perl-Unix-Syslog package, x2go reports status information in messages and
debug information in /var/log/debug.

I think that in the description of required packages of x2goserver are
missing the perl-DBD-SQLite, perl-Capture-Tiny and  perl-Unix-Syslog.

Anyone has the x2goserver currently running in Slackware?

Thanks