[Slackbuilds-users] Enable maps in texlive-texmf-extra ?

Grissiom chaos.proton at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 07:02:35 UTC 2014

Hi all,

When I compiling an English tex document
with \usepackage[bitstream-charter]{mathdesign} , it gives error like this:

kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+546/600 --dpi 1146
md-chb8y
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for md-chb8y.
mktexpk: perhaps md-chb8y is missing from the map file.

And the same happened to futb8r. After Googling, I tried:

updmap-sys --enable Map mdbch.map
updmap-sys --enable Map fourier.map

and the problem gone. Should we add these commands to doinst.sh
of texlive-texmf-extra?

Besieds, are there any other maps we should "enable" in doinst.sh?

--
Cheers,
Grissiom