[Slackbuilds-users] Calibre

Gwenhael Le Moine gwenhael.le.moine at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 15:08:39 UTC 2015

Hi,

Since Calibre made the move to Qt5 the available Slackware packages
(both from here and AlienBob) have been stuck to the 1.48 version.

Today I've realized that there's a binary package provided by
Calibre's developer that is quite simple to package and I've made a
SlackBuild that does just that :
https://github.com/cycojesus/slackbuilds/blob/master/xap/calibre/calibre.SlackBuild

Due to the source used the resulting package is similar to AlienBob's
in that it includes all dependencies.

If there's any interest I'm willing to migrate my SlackBuild to SBo's
standards, submit it and take over the maintainer-ship from the "old"
calibre.SlackBuild (whose maintainer is CC'd here.)

Cordially,
Gwenhael Le Moine

P.S. : for the sake of conviviality I attach my SlackBuild to this email.