[Slackbuilds-users] Problems with $OUTPUT in some SlackBuilds

Antonio Hernández Blas hba.nihilismus at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 03:07:13 UTC 2015

Reviving this old thread:

$ find /usr/ports/ -iname "*.SlackBuild"
\
     -exec grep -HEa '^mkdir.*TMP.*PKG.*' {} \; | grep -v OUTPUT | sort
/usr/ports/audio/spandsp/spandsp.SlackBuild:mkdir -p $TMP $PKG
/usr/ports/desktop/rofi/rofi.SlackBuild:mkdir -p $TMP $PKG
/usr/ports/desktop/skb/skb.SlackBuild:mkdir -p $TMP $PKG
/usr/ports/games/instead/instead.SlackBuild:mkdir -p $TMP $PKG
/usr/ports/network/libcapi20/libcapi20.SlackBuild:mkdir -p $TMP $PKG
/usr/ports/network/roger-router/roger-router.SlackBuild:mkdir -p $TMP $PKG
/usr/ports/system/simpleburn/simpleburn.SlackBuild:mkdir -p $TMP $PKG

- Cheers

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 10:06 PM, Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 17:23:50 -0600
> Antonio Hernández Blas <hba.nihilismus at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm making a "metaSlackBuild" for virt-manager+qemu (and all of their
> > dependencies) and the thing is that i'm creating their packages not
> > in /tmp (default value of $OUTPUT) but
> > in /tmp/virt-manager/$dependency, i think you get the idea ;)
> >
> > Anyway, libraries/libbonobo's SlackBuild does not "mkdir" $OUTPUT, it
> > just has:
> > mkdir -p $TMP $PKG
> > and as a consequence when makepkg tries to drop the package, at
> > /tmp/virt-manager/libbonobo/libbonobo*.txz, it fails.
> >
> > Wondering if there are more SlackBuilds with this issue, here you can
> > find a list of them: https://gist.github.com/nihilismus/7241892
> >
> > The funny think is that actually there are some SlackBuilds with
> > "$OUPUT" (without the first "T"), for example:
> >
> http://slackbuilds.org/cgit/slackbuilds/tree/desktop/cairo-dock/cairo-dock.SlackBuild?h=14.0#n60
>

> Oh wow, interesting.  I probably had bigger fish to fry, but this
> was just trivial enough and just annoying enough to make me go
> ahead and do it.  Pushed to an "hba" branch, which is queued for
> git master.  This one almost surely will not be cherry-picked back
> to 14.0 though.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -RW

Antonio Hernández Blas | Oaxaca, México, Mx.
https://github.com/nihilismus | https://bitbucket.org/nihilismus |
https://twitter.com/nihilipster