[Slackbuilds-users] building sage dies after hours of work

Jim Diamond Jim.Diamond at acadiau.ca
Mon Apr 13 12:29:24 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to use sboinstall to install sage.

First I tried
   env INSTALLSCRIPTS=yes PDFDOC=yes OPTIONALSPKG="dot2tex" sboinstall sage
which crunched for some hours and then crashed and burned because of
some complaint about brazil when creating the PDFs.  Rather than
debugging that, I decided to forego the PDFs and did
   env INSTALLSCRIPTS=yes OPTIONALSPKG="dot2tex" sboinstall sage

This item it ends with

Successfully installed jsmath-image-fonts-1.3p1
Deleting temporary build directory
/tmp/SBo/sage-6.5/local/var/tmp/sage/build/jsmath-image-fonts-1.3p1
Finished installing jsmath-image-fonts-1.3p1.spkg
Attempting to download package not
>>> Checking online list of optional packages.
[.]
>>> Checking online list of experimental packages.
[.]
>>> Checking online list of standard packages.
[.]
>>> Checking online list of huge packages.
[.]
>>> Checking online list of archive packages.
[.]
Error: could not find a package matching not on http://www.sagemath.org/
Failures:
  sage: sage.SlackBuild return non-zero
- env INSTALLSCRIPTS=yes OPTIONALSPKG="dot2tex" sboinstall sage  9623.06s user 529.37s system 23% cpu 12:10:58.29 total

Of course, I can not do dot2tex and then forget the installscripts,
but since there is a lot of build time (especially since my "-j 8" sbo
option is ignored) , I'd like to avoid random poking.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom?

Slackware 64 14.1  (yes, the evil unsupported multi-lib version).

Thanks.
                                Jim