[Slackbuilds-users] libgda compile is "brittle" fix

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 06:39:02 UTC 2015

I have a mish-mash of Slackware64, 32 and multilib installs, and yes,
multilib is not "officially" supported, but I sometimes NEED to compile
on the faster multilib box as my VMs are slow due to hardware
constraints. This may help a few:

When running libgda.SlackBuild on a Slackware64 multilib system, one
needs to add LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFFIX}" to configure otherwise
the compile still looks for /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so

The error on Slackware64 multilib without LDFLAGS:

make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/SBo/libgda-5.2.2/providers/ldap'
  CC       gdaprov-data-model-ldap.lo
  CC       gda-ldap-provider.lo
  CC       gda-ldap-util.lo
  CC       libmain.lo
  CCLD     libgda-ldap.la
/usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so: could not read symbols: File in wrong format
make[2]: *** [libgda-ldap.la] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/SBo/libgda-5.2.2/providers/ldap'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/SBo/libgda-5.2.2/providers'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

libgda compiled fine on pure Slackware6.

-Ed