[Slackbuilds-users] categories/tags

Erik Hanson erik at slackbuilds.org
Wed Aug 5 07:18:30 UTC 2015

On Tue, 4 Aug 2015 15:35:17 -0500
Erik Hanson <erik at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> I will look into adding short descriptions (infact, code may already be
> there as I tried it many years ago) to repo browsing, but if they are not in
> the db (they weren't at the time) then it's unlikely to happen.

Short descriptions are not in the db, and I have no real mysql skills, so
this will only be doable if another admin has the time.

Before anyone jumps in to offer a one-liner or some such, this requires
more than just adding the current short descriptions to the db. The
submission form and back-end approval process tools that we use during
updates would also need to be hammered on.

I'll consider bringing someone in to help with it, since it's a feature
I've wanted for some time.

--
Erik Hanson