[Slackbuilds-users] tags and categories

Petar Petrov petar.petrov at student.oulu.fi
Mon Aug 3 09:23:56 UTC 2015

Hi.

I was reading the categories/tags discussion.

I think people would mostly browse SBo by Category, if they just want to get an idea of what's in the repo or casually looking for something that may be useful.

The problem is that the programs' names are often not related to what the software actually does. Therefore, a short description next to the name may make things clearer and give the reader a quick explanation of what the program is for. Something like this:

http://www.student.oulu.fi/~ppetrov/temp/image4198.png

The "Description" column lists the short description in brackets from the slack-desc file of each entry

just a thought...

bye

Petar