[Slackbuilds-users] Building an older version of VirtualBox

JCA 1.41421 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 20:48:48 UTC 2015

I am working in a project which assumes the presence of VirtualBox
4.3.10 - it has to be exactly that version. The current Slackbuilds
repository builds 4.3.24. I tried using the virtualbox.tar.gz tarball
for 4.3.24, just changing the version number before launching the
compilation. However, this fails for the Slackbuilds script attempts
to patch the VirtualBox source code - which it assumes to be 4.3.24,
not 4.3.10.

Rather than attempting to hack this code, I think that the easiest
alternative is to try and get the virtualbox.tar.gz tarball that
Slackbuilds used to build VritualBox 4.3.10 in its day. Anybody in
this forum where I can download this tarball from?