[Slackbuilds-users] GDM vs. ConsoleKit in -current

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Wed Dec 9 12:12:45 UTC 2015

Le 09/12/2015 13:09, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo a écrit :
> well, gdm in SBo itself is quite old (5 years ago) the latest 2.2x
> version was 2.32 released in 2011 (4 years ago) and the latest one
> now is 3.18 which was released in November
>
> with all the big changes in -current, you probably need to try to
> test the new gdm 3.x

I vaguely remember gdm 3.x has dropped ConsoleKit support somewhere
along the way. It seems to go down the path of all things GNOME, with
a hard dependency on systemd. Time to let it go sooner or later, I guess.

I'm currently fiddling with LXDM, which looks quite promising, even
though I can't seem to be get the login window to display in french.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr