[Slackbuilds-users] GDM vs. ConsoleKit in -current

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Thu Dec 10 08:50:09 UTC 2015

Le 09/12/2015 15:26, Matteo Bernardini a écrit :
> I suppose (but I haven't tried that too) that cutting away the 40
> lines of the <child> section with id="sessions_box" from greeter.ui
> should hide it.

I played around with it, and here's a possible solution. The section you
mentioned:

<object class="GtkHBox" id="sessions_box">
  <property name="visible">True</property>
  <property name="spacing">6</property>
  <child>

This has to be edited simply by replacing "True" by "False":

<object class="GtkHBox" id="sessions_box">
  <property name="visible">False</property>
  <property name="spacing">6</property>
  <child>

Now I have a technical question for this. The "cleanest" way to do this
would be a sed one-liner replacing it. The problem is: there are many
lines in the script looking like this:

<property name="visible">True</property>

So how would a sed command look like that did something like this:

Replace the following line:

<property name="visible">True</property>

... by this:

<property name="visible">False</property>

But only where the previous line is this:

<object class="GtkHBox" id="sessions_box">

I'm reaching the modest limits of my scripting skills here.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr