[Slackbuilds-users] gnucash will not build without geoclue

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Tue Dec 29 05:18:41 UTC 2015

On Tue, 29 Dec 2015 11:59:57 +0700
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo <willysr at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> > That is interesting, when I tried to build it on two different boxes
> > with Slackware64-14.1 and Slackware 14.1, it would fail at
> > libgeoclue (if I remember correctly), all other depends were
> > installed with sbopkg as well.
> >
> > I will try again without geoclue and see if it works.  Strange that
> > it would require geoclue.
>
> I tested this on a clean VM
> probably your machine have other SBo packages that relies on geoclue?

Yep, check the other things that gnucash is trying to link, and you'll
find that one of them is linked to geoclue.

Something like this will help:

for file in $(find /usr/lib64 -type f -name "*.so.*" -print) ; do \
  objdump -p $file | grep -q -E NEEDED.*geoclue && \
  printf "$file links geoclue\n" ;
done

-RW