[Slackbuilds-users] flashplayer-plugin (11.2.202.442): Upgrade-Problems by unpacking the Slackbuild

Jim Diamond Jim.Diamond at acadiau.ca
Sun Feb 8 14:06:35 UTC 2015

On Sun, Feb  8, 2015 at 20:53 (+0700), Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:

>> Hello, i got errors by sbopkg as i try to upgrade the
>> flashplayer-plugin to version 11.2.202.442.

>> Then I try to upgrade the Software manually and get this
>> error-message:

>> $ tar -xvzf flashplayer-plugin.tar.gz

>> gzip: stdin: not in gzip format tar: Child returned status 1 tar:
>> Error is not recoverable: exiting now

>> And last, i extract the slackbuild with dolphins integrated
>> unpackager and upgrade it successfully. Wether the error was made
>> by sbopkg, tar or the slackbuild, i can not say.

> works here

> tar xvf flashplayer-plugin.tar.gz
> flashplayer-plugin/
> flashplayer-plugin/flashplayer-plugin.SlackBuild
> flashplayer-plugin/slack-desc
> flashplayer-plugin/README
> flashplayer-plugin/doinst.sh
> flashplayer-plugin/flashplayer-plugin.info

On a related note,

# sboupgrade flashplayer-plugin

flashplayer-plugin (flash plugin for web browsers)

Proceed with flashplayer-plugin? [y]:
flashplayer-plugin added to upgrade queue.

Upgrade queue: flashplayer-plugin

Are you sure you wish to continue? [y]:
Unable to download/verify source file(s) for flashplayer-plugin:
  Unable to get download info from /usr/sbo/multimedia/flashplayer-plugin/flashplayer-plugin.info

Do you want to proceed? [n]
Failures:
  flashplayer-plugin: Unable to get download info from /usr/sbo/multimedia/flashplayer-plugin/flashplayer-plugin.info

I'm not sure what's up with that, but I'll note that when I used my
own "download and install or upgrade" script, it worked fine.

                                Jim