[Slackbuilds-users] Slim

Alan Ianson agianson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 01:30:18 UTC 2015

Hi!

I am trying to build slim from slackbuilds.org and am getting an error..

/usr/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:39:22: fatal error: ft2build.h: No such file or directory
 #include <ft2build.h>
                      ^
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/libslim.dir/panel.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/SBo/slim-1.3.6/build'
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/libslim.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/SBo/slim-1.3.6/build'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Looks like it can't find ft2build.h. I did build slim a month or two
ago successfully but when I run slim I get messages on the console
something about init? respawning to fast so I was hoping to try it
again.

The last time I built slim I was running a stock install of slackware64
14.1. At the moment I have the patches installed with slackpkg. I
wonder if that changed something??

Searching with google I see a few posts about the respawning but I
didn't see any solution. Any help would be appreciated.