[Slackbuilds-users] UID/GID for another Dovecot case

Slacker slacker at slaphappygeeks.com
Sat Feb 14 21:21:26 UTC 2015

I am writing a Slackdocs article for setting up a virtual mail server
using Postfix, Dovecot and MySQL.

In this use case we require a separate non-priv user/group for which the
Dovecot documents suggest "vmail" ( http://wiki.dovecot.org/VirtualUsers
), and which I have used in my own implementation.

This is purely a configuration option and is not required to build the
Dovecot package. But it seems to me it is a common enough use case and
that having an SBo assigned uid/gid for "vmail" would dovetail nicely
with the dovecot docs and simplify virtual mail setup for those building
with SBo scripts. It would also simplify my Slackdocs article.

So, please consider this a request for either discussion or simply for
an assigned uid/gid for a vmail user.

Thanks!

Robert