[Slackbuilds-users] UID/GID for another Dovecot case

Thomas Szteliga ts at websafe.pl
Sun Feb 15 03:55:09 UTC 2015

On 02/14/2015 10:21 PM, Slacker wrote:
> I am writing a Slackdocs article for setting up a virtual mail server
> using Postfix, Dovecot and MySQL.
> In this use case we require a separate non-priv user/group for which the
> Dovecot documents suggest "vmail" ( http://wiki.dovecot.org/VirtualUsers
> ), and which I have used in my own implementation.
> This is purely a configuration option and is not required to build the
> Dovecot package. But it seems to me it is a common enough use case and
> that having an SBo assigned uid/gid for "vmail" would dovetail nicely
> with the dovecot docs and simplify virtual mail setup for those building
> with SBo scripts. It would also simplify my Slackdocs article.
> So, please consider this a request for either discussion or simply for
> an assigned uid/gid for a vmail user.

Hello Slacker,

please consider using the default uid 5000

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/VirtualUserFlatFilesPostfix
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Virtual_user_mail_system
http://www.stefan-seelmann.de/wiki/mailserver-postfix-dovecot

and please let us know when Your article is published :-)

--
Thomas Szteliga